The Authorization to Vary Youth Employment Rules Permit allows the youth employment rules to be varied only if the parent, employer, and youth all agree to the application and the Executive Director of Employment Standards approves it.
The Conditions of Employment Regulations set the conditions under which youth can be employed in Saskatchewan. For the purposes of the Regulations, ‘youth’ is defined as a person who is 14 years of age or older, but less than 16 years of age.
In Saskatchewan, the minimum age of employment is 16 years of age. Fourteen and 15 year olds can work if they have both:
The Youth in the Workplace provides more about employing youth.
This permit will not be issued if:
- The youth’s education could be compromised if a permit was issued. Education is always a priority when considering any request for a variation to the minimum age of employment rules.
- The type of workplace and the work conditions are considered harmful to the youth’s health, safety and well-being.
- All three parties (the youth, parent or guardian, and employer) have not agreed to the permit. All three must sign the form to show that they agree to the application.
- The employer has an active complaint on file with the Employment Standards Division and/or the employer has received a notice of contravention from the Occupational Health and Safety Division in the last two years.
- The employer has no plan in place for a properly trained adult supervisor to be continuously present within sight and earshot of the youth employee.
- The employment requested is age restricted under a law listed in Appendix 1 of the application.
A permit granting an exemption to one requirement under these Regulations does not automatically grant an exemption from other requirements. For example, an employer who has a permit for a youth to work more than 16 hours in a week in which school is in session cannot use that permit to have the student work after 10:00 p.m. on a night preceding a school day.
สูตรยิงปลาDownload the Authorization to Vary Youth Employment Permit
Please mail or drop off all documents and the completed application form to:
Employment Standards Division
Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety
300 - 1870 Albert Street
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 4W1