Agricultural Crown land can be purchased by way of an auction or lessee sale.
Sales status as of February 15, 2019:
- Vacant agricultural Crown land that is eligible for sale is available for purchase through an online auction platform. The online auction will be located on the Iron Planet website.
- The next online auction will start on February 25, 2019.
- Any unsold Crown land that does not sell in the main auction may be listed for sale in a secondary auction at a later date. Secondary auction information will be listed on the Iron Planet website.
- A sale to a lessee can occur at any time. If you wish to purchase your leased agricultural Crown land, please submit your application to the nearest Regional Office.
Auction Sale Information
Who can bid
When to bid
- Bid on any agricultural Crown land offered for sale by auction once the auction has opened and before it closes. Auction dates will be advertised on this site, at Ministry Regional Offices and, once the auctioneer has been confirmed, on the auctioneer’s website. Dates may also be published in the Ministry publication, Agriview.
How to bid
- Agricultural Crown land auction sales will be accessible online with services provided by a private auction company. Each bidder will need to register on the auction site in accordance with their requirements.
Sale to lessees
Who can apply
- Lessees with a long-term agricultural lease can apply to purchase some or all of the land they lease.
- Some conditions may prevent the land from being eligible for sale. Please check your local Regional Office to determine if your land is eligible for sale.
When to apply
- Lessees can apply to purchase their leased land at any time.
How to apply